The 19th of December will go down in history. But it could go down two different ways. The first would be the day that Trump could have been stopped and a fascist dictatorship avoided. The second would be that 12/19/2016 will be known as the day that the American Republic died. 306 for Trump and 232 for Clinton.
Clinton won the popular vote by almost 3 Million but Trump won the electoral vote. Any other year I would accept that. But not this year. Trump is a danger to the Republic. The electors are also a safety valve protecting the Republican from a populist demagogue taking power. All we need is 37 electors to either switch their votes to Hillary Clinton ,a conservative alternative like John Kasich, a libertarian like McMullen, or a libertarian like Gary Johnson. The election then will go to congress where every state has a vote.
That is why I am trying to organize a mass national weekend of protest weekend. We need to show en mass why the electors should do their civic duty and stop this dangerous egomaniac. The link to the event is at the top of this blog.
This is an extreme move but Trump has shown since he has been elected that he is unfit to be president. From the most innocuous to the most grevious.
1. Trump in a Twitter war with Alec Baldwin and Saturday Night Live.
2. Claiming that there were millions of votes cast illegally without any truth to back it up.
3. Saying that flag burners should face prison time or lose their citizenship. I hate flag burning but it is protected speech and nobody can revoke your citizenship.
4. He made terrible cabinet picks that I will go to in more detail in future posts. But for Secretary of State, he picked Rex Tillerson. He is an oil tycoon that has business interests in Russia and received the medal of friendship from Putin.
5. 17 intelligence agencies have found that Russia did hack the DNC e-mails to influence the election. That makes #4 all the more inexcusable.
6. He doesn’t attend daily intelligence briefings because as he said “I don’t have to be told ― you know, I’m, like, a smart person. I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day,’I don’t need to be told … the same thing every day, every morning ― same words. ‘Sir, nothing has changed. Let’s go over it again.’ I don’t need that.”
I am just one man. One unemployed man who suffers from crippling anxiety. But I am a man with OCD and I will do whatever I can to make this a thing. Posting on progressive Facebook pages, twittering it, and calling progressive outfits across the America.
I am also doing this because I am a Christian and this anti Christ can not become our president.